I am very pleased to offer this series of self-guided audio workshops providing in-depth commentary on films, which I’ve used at CMED and other venues to teach about archetypes, symbolic language and spirituality.
“I know of no one else who could have created ‘Archetypes & Movies’. Jim’s knowledge of both film and archetypes is breathtaking, not to mention his entertaining style.”
~Caroline Myss, author of Sacred Contracts
A Journey of Fate or Destiny?
I’ve chosen to begin this audio workshop series with Ratatouille the 2007 animated film from Disney/Pixar. Ratatouille is a story about the hero’s journey and the choices that transform a fated life into a destined one.
A fated life is governed by unquestioning submission to the laws, beliefs, customs and values of the tribe (society). In order to achieve a destiny the hero must learn to choose intuitive guidance over the ego’s fear of humiliation and failure. This workshop examines these ideas along with a rich experience of Joseph Campbell’s seminal work on the archetype of the hero’s journey. Even if you’ve watched this film with me before, you’ll find that this course brings more insights and a whole new depth to the experience.
“A completely original, instructive, and inspiring look at the hero’s journey through the lens of our favorite super rodent. Don’t miss it.” ~Mark Matousek, author of When You’re Falling, Dive
What you will receive:
1) A self-guided audio workshop to use in conjunction with watching the film.
2) A free companion workbook which includes:
- Instructions on how to use the audio workshop with the movie
- Archetypal profiles of the main characters
- A guide to the Hero’s Journey
- Reflections & Study Questions
- Supplementary information to enhance your experience of the course
You can download the course immediately after purchase.
What you need for this self-guided audio workshop:
- A copy of the 2007 Pixar/Disney film Ratatouille. A DVD is helpful to allow you to skip movie chapters, but you may also use digital stream or download.
- A way to listen to the audio workshop file separate from the film such as a computer, iPod, iPhone, Android smart phone or other digital audio player.
“Jim’s take on film doesn’t just touch your heart and intellect, it also stimulates your soul.” ~Ellen Gunter, author of Earth Calling: A Climate Change Handbook for the 21st Century
Questions / Problems with purchase? Use the Contact form below: