The Way: A Journey of Healing & Self Acceptance
About the course:
The latest in the Archetypes & A Movie series examines the tradition of pilgrimage not just as an outer journey but an illumination of the inner spiritual journey as seen in the 2010 film The Way, starring Martin Sheen. Just as the Hero’s Journey is about discovering who you are, the Pilgrimage is about re-membering who you are and accepting both the grief and joys of your life so far.
This self guided workshop is 3 hours of original audio course in three parts, plus a 35 page Guide to Pilgrimage and a 23 page illustrated workbook with supplementary information.
Join teacher and spiritual director, Jim Curtan as he guides us along the route of the pilgrimage, pausing along the way, as pilgrims do, at various stages of the journey to reflect on the insight, inspiration and intuitive guidance we receive.
$39.89 Buy Now
What you will receive:
- Audio Part 1 is an introduction to the archetype of Pilgrimage and the film that was recorded live in 2014.
- Audio Part 2 is the chapter by chapter commentary on the archetypes and spiritual insights seen in the film, The Way that you can use as a guided contemplation while watching the film in the comfort of your own home.
- Audio Part 3 is a live recording of Jim’s follow up lecture with class Q&A from a day long workshop held in Pasadena, California.
- An Illustrated Workbook with instructions, supplementary information and exercises.
- A Guide to Pilgrimage provides 30 days of reflections for your personal journey and ways to integrate the wisdom and healing over time.
- Access to online discussions and Q&A with Jim about the material
The course is available for download immediately after purchase. If you prefer to receive the course on a USB thumb drive mailed to you instead of a digital download, email my producer directly or use the form below: email@example.com. A small fee of $6 is requested to cover the cost of the USB drive and shipping within the US.
Listen to Part 1 of the course for free:
Download Part 1: The Way: Part 1 (Promo) (right click, Save As)
In this course you will delve deeply into the following areas:
- Identifying archetypes as a path of integrating Mind, Heart and Body with the Self.
- Relating the powerful story of integration as seen in The Wizard of Oz, The Way, Sex & the City, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Little Women and more.
- Healing and acceptance of ourselves and our relationships.
- Rediscovering who you are and the richness of self acceptance.
- Remembrance and resurrection.
- The power of relationships as mirrors of ourselves.
- The grace of gratitude for all of our experiences, both the griefs and the joys.
About the film:
The Way follows four pilgrims as they travel the Camino de Santiago de Compostela. It features actor Martin Sheen and is directed by his son Emilio Estevez. The film is powerful, inspirational, capturing the outer journey while illuminating the inner one. You can purchase The Way on DVD for under $5.00 from Amazon and it’s available to stream online for free for Amazon Prime members.
Questions about the course? Let us know.