THE ARCHETYPAL MATRIX
A Master Class in Seeing Symbolically
Archetypes are a complex inter-related network of living symbols which continually originate, form, and develop, evolving into increasingly nuanced descendants of themselves. In addition to individual and personal archetypes, there are also cultural and universal archetypes. Events, objects, patterns of development such as Initiation, the hero’s journey, the dark night of the soul, death and rebirth, rituals, sacraments, colors, shapes, the planets, the elements, the graces, the seven deadly sins– all have archetypal meaning. Gods and goddesses; characters from myths, legends and fairy tales; power animals; cartoon characters all symbolize archetypal energies.
Using guided imagery, hands-on creative exercises, journaling and group discussion, this weekend is designed to:
- sharpen our powers of perception
- increase our conscious awareness of the grace and guidance available in the dynamic images and symbols that surround us
- give us the opportunity to reflect on the power of these images and symbols to awaken our imaginations and challenge our spirits.
Recommended Reading List for this workshop:
- “Sacred Contracts” by Caroline Myss
- “King, Warrior, Magician, Lover” Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette
- “A Little Book on the Human Shadow” Robert Bly
- “The 101 Most Influential People Who Never Lived” Allan Lazar, Dan Karlan & Jeremy Salter
- “Goddesses in Everywoman” Jean Shinoda Bolen
- “Gods in Everyman” Jean Shinoda Bolen
- “The Hero Within” Carol S. Pearson
- “Awakening the Hero Within” Carol S. Pearson
Contact Jim for more information or to book a workshop in your area.